Not just another Zoom Halloween Contest. "Howl" for your favourite costume!
October 20, 2020
Halloween is approaching fast!!
Remember how we use to dress up to go into the office as your favourite villain, 90’s cartoon character (remembers Arthur?) or dessert (have you tried dressing up as a gumball machine before?) Super fun! Ahhh, those were the good ol’ days when we had costume contests in person while carving a pumpkin and eating some scary desserts made with gummy worms.
But 2020 Halloween is going to be a little different...everyone’s working from home! So how do you have a costume contest through video? Zoom? That’s old news……
Why not try a Catwalk Costume Contest on Rally for a little more fun?
To spice things up even more - you can run a pet costume contest!
This is how to run your own costume contest on Rally:
1. Create your own Rally room here and to invite your friends and colleagues, just click share link!
2. Everyone HAS to dress up to join the contest of course
3. Once everyone’s in the room, go on stage to give a quick intro and state out contest details, and this is what you can say,
Voting for the winner will be a little different on Rally than on Zoom. It will not be through a poll or typing in your vote in the chat...it will be based on regular old fashioned CHEERING!
4. When you’re on stage in Rally, instead of hearing silence because everyone is muted, you can actually hear the audience talk without fear of them talking over you. Audience volume is kept at a lower volume to simulate a live setting. And this is why, voting based on cheering works super well on Rally!
5. So now all you have to do as a host, is bring each person (or pet) on stage one by one, count from 1-5 and ask the crowd to cheer for the rating they'll give to the costume.
6. If there’s more than 1 person that get's a "5" cheer, they can battle it out on stage through a dance improv to a "scary" song like Thriller by Michael Jackson and get everyone to vote again!
Don’t just have a regular Zoom Halloween contest in 2020. Have an engaging one by trying this one out and let us know who the winner is from your team!